It does improve lead conversions
The knee-jerk reaction from many usually isn’t positive. There’s the common concerns that a pop-up call-to-action may… interrupt a website visitors’ user experience…. they’ll annoy your visitor… and people will bounce from your site if they smell one. Although this may be the experience of some of your visitors, if done a certain way, pop-ups can be a very effective tool in voluntarily capturing visitor information. Watch this video.
Pop-ups don’t change bounce rates, improve subscription rates
Although many may think that pop-ups will increase bounce rates, this is not true. When comparing the use of a pop-up versus not using one, it was found that the visitor bounce rates remained almost unchanged. Better yet, subscription rates increased by about 50%!
And, according to a survey from Adfusion, pop-ups appeal to a portion of your audience and may grab visitors who might not convert with any other method.
For more information, check out this Whitepaper, “Are Pop-ups Always Evil?”
Doing pop-ups right
Besides adhering to Google’s Policy on pop-ups, there are certain behaviors of a pop-up call-to-action that help it perform better:
- The pop-up should solve a problem for the visitor or be relevant to their search.
- Make them clearly visible from the rest of the page.
- Have arrogant language buttons, such as ‘No thanks, I prefer to pay full price.’ Avoid ‘Subscribe’ or ‘Submit.’
- It should be easily closed by the visitor.
- You CAN show it often if you’d like… it’s a personal preference. There’s no difference in conversion when showing it every minute or every month.
- Show your pop-up 5 seconds after visiting. It gives you visitors time to look, but gets the info before the get distracted.
It’s an effective call-to-action
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, pop-ups do improve conversions. I know this for a fact because I work for a company that specializes in a pop-up strategy, and, I have seen evidence and been witness to over 11 million leads converted as a result of a pop-up.
While LeadCrafters IS an Authority on Call-to-Action and Lead Conversion, we are not the only authority. We believe you should use a wide and varied collection of tried and trusted solutions for all the many complex needs of your business and your customers and soon-to-be customers.